You do not need to see us to improve your wellbeing – your good health truly lies in your hands!
We offer health checks to all people registering with us, but routine checks on otherwise healthy young people are generally a waste of time.
Information on healthy living is widely available on the web, but here are our top tips:
- Do not smoke. Smoking ultimately kills or cripples you and every cigarette causes damage to your body.
- Do not take drugs and drink alcohol moderately.
- Eat healthily: more fruit, vegetables and oily fish, less salt, fat and red meat. Try and cook your own food with healthy and fresh ingredients rather than ordering fatty/salty take-aways.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise regularly: you are spoilt for choice in terms of sporting activities in Exeter. There is safe cycling and jogging along the river and canal and have you checked out the new gym at the Sports Park?
- Safeguard your sexual health. Educate yourself and don’t take risks.
- Look after your mental health. Relax, think positively, celebrate the good things in life and if you do get stressed, address the issues affecting you and see help from us or the Wellbeing Centre if things get too much.
The NHS Choices Living Well website is a good resource for further tips on healthy living.