Our Practice is working Closely with Local pharmacists to support you with certain health conditions
- It may be more appropriate to have your NHS consultation with a pharmacist instead of the GP practice.
- You can choose to have your consultation with any pharmacy convenient to you.
- The pharmacist consultation will be confidential.
- Pharmacists are highly skilled healthcare professionals who have trained in medicines and can give health advice and help you manage your condition.
- If treatment for symptoms is required, the pharmacist may suggest an over the counter medicine.
- If the pharmacist thinks you need to see another healthcare professional, they will help arrange it.
- With your consent, the pharmacist will ensure your medical record is updated with the outcome of your consultation.
- Find out more about how pharmacies can help at:
Find a pharmacy – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
We will be moving to a new clinical system on 27th April 23. This means that we will be limited in what services we can provide to you from the 14th April 23 until our go live date of the 27th April 23.
How will this affect you?
We will be unable to book Routine Appointments with any clinician during the month of April. We will continue to offer urgent same day appointments, but we may direct you to another healthcare provider (e.g. pharmacist) for routine health complaints. Please call 01392 676676 to request urgent support during this time. Pre-bookable routine appointments will be available to book after the 2nd May 23.
Ahead of the new clinical system installation we are politely asking patients to submit their repeat prescription requests early.
Our pharmacy team will consider increasing medication amounts to cover patients as we do not have access to the clinical system during the migration period.
Thursday 6th April 23 is the last date we can accept repeat and routine medication requests. If you require urgent prescription support after this date, we can raise a paper prescription which you will need to collect from the surgery.
For our student population who may be home for the Easter holidays we are unable to send a prescription to a pharmacy local to you. If you need medication during this time, we encourage you to register as a temporary patient at a local GP practice. We will continue to offer urgent same day appointments at the Student Health Centre during this time. Please call 01392 676676 to request support.
Online consultations will be disabled from Friday 14th April 23 – Tuesday 2nd May 23. All routine requests during this time will be advised to send an online consultation or telephone the practice on or after the 2nd May 23.
Patients who currently have an active account to book, cancel, amend appointments, order repeat medication, or view their medical records will lose access to this platform Monday 17th April 23.
We encourage all patients to download the NHS APP to retain access to their current features and ensure a smooth transition after the 27th April 23. Download the NHS APP Here